Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

restrictor plates/block off plates????

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default restrictor plates/block off plates????

i just ordered pacesetter LT's and a non catted ORY, the headers have the air and egr fittings on them, can i just block all the stuff off with the block off plates and remove all of the air and EGR stuff? there is no need for the air pump since i will have no cats right? i have a 98 Z28 and it has the egr tube that runs into the front of the intake..what do i use to block the hole off with once it is removed? they sell block off plates as a set of 3 for the headers.. i don't see one for the intake, could i just make one? its not going to hurt the car in any way if i remove all of the egr stuff besides the ses light coming on?
Old 02-01-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes you can just block them off

yes you can remove everything

no it won't hurt anything, just throw the SES but that won't affect the running condition of the car

go to an auto parts store and get a "block plug" for the hole in the intake. don't recall the proper size off the top of my head...but i want to say 1 3/8" i think.
they are the kind that expand as you tighten the nut...i have pics on my webpage in the sig...should be page 2.

yep...found the picture...and i was right on the size. i later painted it flat black so it blended in a bit better.

Quick Reply: restrictor plates/block off plates????