Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems installing pacesetter ORY

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems installing pacesetter ORY

i put the LT pacsetters on my 98 Z28 and the y-pipe seems like it is too long where it goed into the catback, do i need to unbolt the whole catback and then slip it on to the end of the y-pipe? then bolt the catback back up? i heard of people having problems with the pacesetter y-pipe fitting.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Pacesetter LTs and ORY fit like a GLOVE with my Magnaflow catback. Great clearance, not the best in terms of flow in the y-pipe from what I've heard, but for the amazing fit, clearance, and no rattling/banging issues, I'm willing to sacrifice a few ponies.

I bolted the y-pipe to the headers first, then undid all the bolts/hangers on the catback and even after that it took a little bit of....ummm...."love" to make it fit. But once it's on, 100% worth it, and in the end everything matched up perfectly.

My only regret is that I used U-clamps because I didn't have any band clamps that would fit at the time, so I'm hoping I didn't overtighten and crimp anything in case I ever need to take it off. BUY BAND CLAMPS.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

when i had a cat back it never fit great with my y pipe, it made my tips a little off centered, but i fixed it by making a custom true dual
Old 02-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys, i got it to work, i had to unbolt the catback then it slipped right in then i tightened everything back up.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Launching!

same here^^^