Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X Pipe and Tunnel Mounted Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default X Pipe and Tunnel Mounted Torque Arm

Anyone running a tunnel mounted UMI torque arm with a x pipe? Anyone have a picture of the clearance you have?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

I'm not running that TA, but I had a custom TA made to work with my TSP x-pipe since my other didn't fit.

He's a sponser here....Midwest Chassis. Eric's a good guy to work with!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What type of X-pipe is this? Custom made or TSP?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gonna be a custom xpipe.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitez406
Gonna be a custom xpipe.
Ok great, if you are getting it custom made what we do is recommend to purchase the torque arm first and have the X-pipe built around it. It is the only way to get a X-pipe to clear our tunnel mounted torque arm.. we have had many people do this and it worked out great. The torque arm I recommend is one of these- www.umiperformance.com/2202 or www.umiperformance.com/2203

If you decide to go with a longer torque arm such as our tranny mounted one you will have no issues at all. The clearance is good with the Midwest set-up because it is not really a shorter torque arm.. it is a longer stock length arm bolted into a transmission cross-member. Our set-up is a true short tunnel mounted torque arm.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 02-11-2008, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Whitez406
Anyone running a tunnel mounted UMI torque arm with a x pipe? Anyone have a picture of the clearance you have?
It will definitely have to be a custom setup.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Ok great, if you are getting it custom made what we do is recommend to purchase the torque arm first and have the X-pipe built around it. It is the only way to get a X-pipe to clear our tunnel mounted torque arm.. we have had many people do this and it worked out great. The torque arm I recommend is one of these- www.umiperformance.com/2202 or www.umiperformance.com/2203

If you decide to go with a longer torque arm such as our tranny mounted one you will have no issues at all. The clearance is good with the Midwest set-up because it is not really a shorter torque arm.. it is a longer stock length arm bolted into a transmission cross-member. Our set-up is a true short tunnel mounted torque arm.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
I wanna use the stock exhaust or kooks one thats flat all the way across. Also whens they kmember that has solid mounts for LS1's gonna be done. Im waiting.