Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the benifit?

Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the benifit?

I did a search and i could not really find out any power differences on taking the egr and the air pump of my car i understand it will clean up the engine bay and have "cooler air" but is the any seat of the pants difference or dyno gains. i have pacesetter long tubes with cats and all the other bolt ons. i just want to know if it will make a difference i hope this is not a stupid question.thanks
JOSH
Old 02-11-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

none to minimal,,,cleans up your engine bay, also drops some weight. You will get some better airflow due to the EGR tube restriction will be gone,,but nothing your gonna feel.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

The AIR also helps the cats warm up faster so they start working correctly. If you still have rear O2's hooked up you might get some codes without the AIR. If you have the rear O2's deleted then it won't matter. As for power, like mentioned above, the EGR tube being removed will allow for a little more airflow but that's it.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Teching In

ok thanks for the help i just did not want to take it off and have trouble getting inspected if there is now power difference.
JOSH
Old 02-11-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the XS Stainless longtube emission's headers and left all the AIR and EGR stuff on the car to help keep as close to legal as possible. It keeps the computer happy as well. I did cut the EGR tube so it doesn't hang down into the intake air flow and that might help make a little more power but not enough to get excited about.

Search this Thread