Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choosing a Cam??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing a Cam??

I have a 2000 SS with an M6, Eldebrock headers, SLP lid, K+N air filter, cutout, and plugs and wires. I am looking into getting a bigger cam for the car soon and just seeing if anyone has anything good or bad to say about the different cams out there and a good place or website to look for one at.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

How big do you want to go? check out any of the sponsors for cams, they will have descriptions and power ranges usually. read the sticky if you havent already.

ive got a 230/236 cam, $225 if youre interested
Old 02-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

I have bought a MS4 from texas speed. It is a 609/649 lift cam. They claim that it picks up 80 HP. But to do so you must buy valve spring, chromoly pushrods titanium retainers, so on and soforth to handle the bigger cam. I havent had a chance to run mine yet, but i am working on it. I know that if you use stock valve sizes with stock pistons you will have plenty of valve clearance........ There are a few of videos on youtube with the MS4 in them, They also offer a MS3. Check out there web site.
www.texas-speed.com