Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nub Header Question..

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nub Header Question..

I am looking into getting some decent lt headers and have found some by Hooker for a decent price. My question is this..

In the faq it says:

"Jet Hot/Hookers: The Hooker and Jet Hot Long Tubes are of the same design, jet hot took the hooker design and improved upon it a bit by moving the o2 bungs on the inside of the headers.."

What exactly does this mean? Where are the 02 bungs on the Hooker headers and what's the purpose of moving them?

Just wondering if I should go with the Hookers or look for Jet Hot because they have an "improved upon" design.

Thanks
Ryan
Old 02-21-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

I picked up 30+ rwhp with Jethots years ago. I did however have a driver side 02 heater circuit failure every month. Not sure that bung placement on the inboard or outboard side of the header collector had anything to do with it. Hooker also has some stainless ones I'd look in to.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

i dunno know if you will gain 30 rwhp but the bung i believe is on the inside on the hookers aswell. they hang really close to the car which is great no worries bout scraping anything.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

they do make a great priced stainless aswell
Old 02-21-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

moving the 02 bung to the inside of the collector makes it easier to install/replace the 02 sensor down the road. I have the hooker LT's with ceramic coating, the 02 sensor install wasn't bad at all, but it would have been easier to install it before bolting up the header. Its no big deal, so I would go with which ever one is cheaper, since they are basically the same thing. However, I have heard that the Jet Hot Y pipe fits a little better, totally up to you though!