Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor Voltage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sensor Voltage?

Anybody have any idea what the voltages should be with key on power to the O2 sensor? 12v should be to one of the heater wires, but then I'm showing power in varying strengths on the remaining three wires.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX
Anybody have any idea what the voltages should be with key on power to the O2 sensor? 12v should be to one of the heater wires, but then I'm showing power in varying strengths on the remaining three wires.
5 volts on the reference wire. 12+ volts on the heater power wire. Then there is the signal wire. The other is a ground.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Reference wire? There's only two heater wires, a signal wire, and a ground.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry, it's been a while since I messed with this stuff. I'll take a look in the service book and get back to you.

I think you should see 5v (reference voltage from the PCM) on the signal wire with the KOEO.

What's the matter with the car? Are you throwing O2 sensor codes?

Another thing, if you are probing the pigtail, make sure you haven't accidentally shorted the wires. This would cause a blown sensor fuse and you'd get some screwy measurements and throw some codes as a result.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Teching In

I'm getting weird voltages on both passenger and driver's side o2 harnesses. I must've melted something else as I talked to a Chevy tech. yesterday who said I should only be getting voltage through one wire with Key On, which would be for the heater.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Teching In

FWIW i was throwing p0131 and p0151 (low voltage to o2 codes banks 1 and 2, sensor 1) checked grounds and voltage and it ended up being a bad computer.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX
I'm getting weird voltages on both passenger and driver's side o2 harnesses. I must've melted something else as I talked to a Chevy tech. yesterday who said I should only be getting voltage through one wire with Key On, which would be for the heater.
That doesn't sound right to me....

However, I still haven't been able to look at my Gm manual to refresh my memory. Sorry! But...

Here's a link to a long thread that may help you. (Start looking on page 3. Don't miss post #63 on page 4.)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...h+spoke&page=4