Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 7/8 AR LT's with Y help me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1 7/8 AR LT's with Y help me?

Right now i have pacesetter 1 3/4 and a crappy tsp ORY(worst merge ever!!!).If i switched to AR 1 7/8 and their Y pipe how much of a difference could i expect,or would it be a waste of money.I want to maximize my setup right now,i put down 430/405 unlocked and i think my exhaust is holding me back a bit.Im also running a stock fuel pump,would that be somthing i could change to squeeze out any hp.....Any help is appreciated...
Old 02-23-2008, 07:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there will be a little to gain but i really dont think u will be able to justify the cost if u r doing it strictly as a numbers booster. they are a muuuuch nicer system over what u have now but i doubt ud gain but a few hp with them. people who buy those do so for the stainless construction and quality of the header. if u just want power/ dollar pacesetters are where its at imo.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
there will be a little to gain but i really dont think u will be able to justify the cost if u r doing it strictly as a numbers booster. they are a muuuuch nicer system over what u have now but i doubt ud gain but a few hp with them. people who buy those do so for the stainless construction and quality of the header. if u just want power/ dollar pacesetters are where its at imo.

The merge on my Y pipe is complete ****,maybe ill just get that.What about a fuel pump,i know ive got to be almost maxed out.i can really care less on the actual final number,i just want to be sure that i have the best parts on the car and ill get my 10 sec pass N/A(whenever i make it up there,and get some seat time)
Old 02-23-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Spending all that extra money on exhaust I think is a waste. There are other areas where the money could be spent to make you faster. If you still want more power you could get a nice nitrous kit.

What injectors do you have? If they are still stockers I'm sure they are pretty maxed out. Your setup is stout though imo. 430 through a unlocked stall is good.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:40 PM
9 Second Club

i think u r fine with what u have. if u really want buy a flowmaster merge and have that welded in. if the car isnt going lean on the top end then a fuel pump isnt really needed either. justin would have mentioned it to u when he finished it if he thought there was an issue. as far as a 10 sec pass more power to u. but unless u stripped some weight off that car ur going to need more then a header swap.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JScamaro
If you still want more power you could get a nice nitrous kit.

What injectors do you have? If they are still stockers I'm sure they are pretty maxed out. Your setup is stout though imo. 430 through a unlocked stall is good.

Ive got delphi #42 injectors,im just wondering how far the stocker will go.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:44 PM
9 Second Club

the stock pump should be good for around 500rwhp without an issue. ive seen several cars crest that number with a stock pump but u could tell in the upper rpms the fuel just wasnt there it was looking for. i swapped mine out for the racetronics kit with the hotwire but thats because i was planning on running the gas.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Launching!

i think u r fine with what u have. if u really want buy a flowmaster merge and have that welded in. if the car isnt going lean on the top end then a fuel pump isnt really needed either. justin would have mentioned it to u when he finished it if he thought there was an issue. as far as a 10 sec pass more power to u. but unless u stripped some weight off that car ur going to need more then a header swap.
With the prostars on mickeys theres no doubt the car is capable of that pass,there quite a few people on here that have run that on this setup.Your car would run 10's on motor too if you had the right tranny

A4>>>>M6

Old 02-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Launching!

the stock pump should be good for around 500rwhp without an issue. ive seen several cars crest that number with a stock pump but u could tell in the upper rpms the fuel just wasnt there it was looking for. i swapped mine out for the racetronics kit with the hotwire but thats because i was planning on running the gas.
I plan on hitting it with 100 by summer,so i guess that is a must too..Thanks for the help focker
Old 02-23-2008, 08:06 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedDemonLsX
With the prostars on mickeys theres no doubt the car is capable of that pass,there quite a few people on here that have run that on this setup.Your car would run 10's on motor too if you had the right tranny

A4>>>>M6

more power to ya bro. i think ur pissing in the wind if thats the only weight reduction ur doing but ill be the first to congratulate u if it does it

and meet me on the street and ill make u my bitch m6=121 mph traps ftw!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedDemonLsX
I plan on hitting it with 100 by summer,so i guess that is a must too..Thanks for the help focker
either that or do a dedicated stand alone cell/ pump for the n20 like im going to do. i never did like the idea of pulling from the rail anyways. and it would prob be a better way for u to go at ur current state. prob another $200-$300 to do it that way but it will help it more then fuel supply-u will also be able to fill the cell with race fuel for added safety. and at $10 a gallon its much more cost effective to use 1 gallon from the cell for multiple bottles then putting 4-5 gallons in the tank everytime u go out and never having the same mixture.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did 524/501 on my 408 with 1 3/4 Jet Hots. On a 346 it can cost you tq and hp on the low end with the 1 7/8.