Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine upgrades?

Old 07-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine upgrades?

I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on some engine upgrades. My 98 TA is a dialy driver. I would like it to remain streetalbe, plus kick some *** at the track. I would like to get a new cam, and modify the valve train. Possibly some headers while the motor is apart. I thought of a supercharger but just donot have the cash now. right now the car is mostly stock with 3" exhaust, all the free mods, 160 stat, and msd wires with ngk plugs. Can you point me in the right direction.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: engine upgrades?

lid, air filter, headers, pulleys, cutout.
those will all offer better performance and no change in gas mileage. depending on how big a cam mileage may suffer some but most agree that the extra performance is worth it. also, are you a stick or an auto? if you have an M6 gears may be a good idea depending on how much your willing to compramise and if you an A4 a torque converter would be a good idea.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Default Re: engine upgrades?

I already have a lid. I have an a4 with hpp3 installed. Would like to get a trans go shift kit and a better converter. Cam is a must, just wondering on the size.

Search this Thread