Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few Q's

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few Q's

Hey, picked this bad-boy up in Dec. and was wondering if anyone can help me out... I know it has mods, but how do I know if I have an aftermarket Intake manifold, looks like i do cause of the EGR fitting... Also, are there any ways by physically looking at the housing, if the rear-end is a stock 10 bolt? Anything that might standout, I know it has all breathing bolt-ons, SLP LID, MAF, LT's, cat's, catback... BTW, It's a 2000 SS.

Here are a few pics if you don't mind taking a few mins...

Thanks, Matt.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got a nice set of suspension mods there.

As far as I can see you have Aftermarket:
Lower control arms
Torque arm
Upper Strut mount
Non adjustable pan hard bar
MIGHT be lowered but can't tell really, looks like after market shocks
Oh and tranny cross member with DS loop, which is nice BTW, I want one but can't have one.

If you could get a REALLY close shot underneath the throttle body on the pass side you might be able to see if it is using the coolant crossover pipes for the LS1 or LS6, although it does look like its capped there in the 2nd to last pic.

With all the other stuff the previous owner threw at that car, I can't imagine they didn't dish out for the LS6. The 10 bolt I for one can't tell but gears are pretty cheap and I'm guessing the owner was taking this to the strip so gears mighta been done.

Engine bay musta been steam washed, its shiny.

That's just my take, but im not a knowitall.