Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would a 80mm tb work with the stock intake or should i just get a new intake as well

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would a 80mm tb work with the stock intake or should i just get a new intake as well

I am getting the volant cold air kit and am thinking about a new throttle body whould it be a waste by its self. I am thinking about the BBK 80mm intake if if just the tb is a waste. OR is it really worth it over the stock intake. I just dont want to spend much money because i am going to get a new rear end in the a couple of weeks. Sorry for all the questions i looked at the search but could find anything worht while.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JD 01SS
I am getting the volant cold air kit and am thinking about a new throttle body whould it be a waste by its self. I am thinking about the BBK 80mm intake if if just the tb is a waste. OR is it really worth it over the stock intake. I just dont want to spend much money because i am going to get a new rear end in the a couple of weeks. Sorry for all the questions i looked at the search but could find anything worht while.
We'd suggest you just have your stock TB ported. It will yield the same or better results. Save buying a larger throttle body until you get a larger intake manifold (Fast 92 etc) to attach it to.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

The opening on your stock intake is only 75mm. Any T/B bigger than that is a waste. Also, your 01 has the better LS6 intake, I'd just port the stock T/B and wait until your ready to install a big cam to swap to a FAST 90 or the like.

Re'
Old 03-04-2008, 01:48 AM
TECH Resident

agreed. just port your stock tb and keep your ls6 intake. i will soon be getting my tb ported and upgrading to an ls6 intake. i cant wait.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+3 take the money saved on that and put that toward your rear .