Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARH headers+ypipe+corsa=????

Old 03-05-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ARH headers+ypipe+corsa=????

Hey guys,
Does anyone have any idea how to get the arh headers/ypipe and corsa catback to work together????
Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Take em out to dinner and smother them with sweet nothings. Seriously, I would take it to an exhaust shop and pay for them to deal with it. I mean, they are the professionals
Old 03-05-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

i dont know but im going with this same setup, so im subscribing to this thread. did you go with the catted y?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Um.....if you are asking if they will bolt up to each other then yes they will. If you are looking for specifics about how to install them
Old 03-06-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

I PMed you back RamAir but I'll post how I got it here for the others also. Mine bolted up but it took persuasion. I left the Y unbolted and kept spinning, pushing/pulling the Y up/down and side to side and the Y would BARELY budge but little by little it slid into the corsa. It took a lot of effort, sweat, and cursing, but it finally got in there.

Other options are to cut a couple slits in the corsa pipe to expand it apart, which I've used before but it didn't work the greatest and when I clamped it down it was a horrible seal, kept leaking.
Or you can get an exhaust pipe expander and slightly expand the corsa, I haven't tried it but I don't recommend expanding too much or it will leak, I like the tight fit as much of a pain in the *** it can be it's worth it.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

Got it all together...everything seems to work great just have a weird grinding noise now when I turn really sharp...any ideas??? But for those doing this setup here is what you have to do.... I took the corsa ipipe to an exhaust shop and had them cut about an inch off but that was a big no no as now the ipipe is a little short and is barely on the arh ypipe (nothing a little welding can fix tho) But basically all you need to do is take the ipipe and have the end expanded out to slide over a 3" pipe...Do not cut the ipipe it will end up being to short...just expand it... Hope this helps everyone who in the future does this setup.....
Old 03-08-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

is the grinding noise while spinning the steering wheel or just when it's cranked all the way? it's harder on the pump when it's cranked full tilt and grinding noise is pretty normal coming from the pump. Could be something else though I dunno
Old 03-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Teching In

Not sure how the Corsa is set up, but for my Borla, I just removed the over the axle pipe, hooked up the Borla I Pipe to the ARH Y pipe (no modification to either pipe required) and then reattached the over the axle pipe. All done. No leaks, sounds good. This was going from Borla on stock manifolds and stock y pipe.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camaroguy26
is the grinding noise while spinning the steering wheel or just when it's cranked all the way? it's harder on the pump when it's cranked full tilt and grinding noise is pretty normal coming from the pump. Could be something else though I dunno

I think its the ypipe hitting the driveshaft....nothin to bad just annoying

Search this Thread