Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright guys, I need some help removing HVAC

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Alright guys, I need some help removing HVAC

The motor is out and AC has already been pulled. While I have the room I want to yank the HVAC and passenger side air bag as well. I've been reading lately and searching and haven't found much as far as a walk through is concerned on pulling the dash. I always hate pulling the dash out of cars because it never seems to go back together quite the way it came apart. But I've already bought the block off plate through BMR for the hole that will be left in the firewall and I absolutely never use neither the heat or ac. The car is strictly used for drag/nice nights. Can anyone please give me a quick walk through or pointers on what I'm doing? I heard Helms has a good tutorial for removing the dash. Where can I pick this up at? Or if anyone has written a write up online that would be great too. I'm in a hurry too, I would like to start this tomorrow if at all possible.

Thanks guys for the help!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Also, I can just yank all of the ductwork out as well right? There's no need to put it all back in if I'm pulling the HVAC? It'll probably make it easier going back together not having to fight with it?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:49 AM
TECH Addict

Alright, well, anyways, I'm going to give it a go today and just rip it all out. I guess we'll just see how it goes. Hopefully I don't kill someone...