Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers/Exhaust Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers/Exhaust Help!

So i plan on getting some header's and a custom exhaust system sometime in the future. Im pretty clueless with what all im going to need, or should go with for this entire setup. Right now, i just wanna get all the fact's, advice & etc. before i order anything. I know i wanna go with a custom centered exhaust and wanna run...

- Pacesetter Header's
- SLP "LoudMouth II" Bullet Muffler

I wanna do the job right the 1st time though. So what do you guy's recommend for what i plan on going with???? Im only familiar with "Muffler's", not the rest of the exhaust system. I know there's something about the O2 Sensor's not reading correctly after "header's" are installed & etc. Anyone help me with that as well, i was reading the thread about it but figured i would go ahead and make my own thread. Since im also gonna ask for "exhaust system" help......
Old 03-14-2008, 01:41 AM
Banned

Ebay LT's > Pacesetter's in a price standpoint. Gains will be about the same.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 AM
11 Second Club

You might want to rethink the catback if you dont like it loud. But +1 about the headers.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Read through the exhaust sticky at the top, and you'll get a basic idea of what you'll need and some good walkthroughs for the install process. After that post up with any questions you've got
Old 03-15-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pntbll309
You might want to rethink the catback if you dont like it loud. But +1 about the headers.
Yeaa i do want it loud, but not to loud where ppl will complain. Which is why i decided to go with the LM II, instead of I. I know the LMI is the louder of the 2. I plan on going with Corvette tips, those squared looking dual tip's. Not the rectangular style, wouldnt that somewhat help the exhaust not be so loud???
Old 03-15-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

for LT's you'll need rear 02 extensions, simulators or you could tune them out. they're not really important all they do is monitor the cats and if they are not working properly the check engine light will come on. their purpose is for emissions only
Old 03-15-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Ohh ok, but i will for sure need new front O2 Sensor's right?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Yeaa i do want it loud, but not to loud where ppl will complain. Which is why i decided to go with the LM II, instead of I. I know the LMI is the louder of the 2. I plan on going with Corvette tips, those squared looking dual tip's. Not the rectangular style, wouldnt that somewhat help the exhaust not be so loud???
Thats what I thought. until a cop stopped me when I was just cruising. And he was like 3 cars back in traffic.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Lol im not all that sure how they are around here about your exhaust, i mean ive heard a couple T/A's with somewhat loud exhaust, and ive had a black Cobra pass by me with some loud *** pipe's. they were so loud i couldnt even hear my shitty Flowmaster lol