Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 05-09-2016, 12:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

American Racing Headers Review! Super easy install!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Racing Headers Review! Super easy install!

I just finished my car last night at about 3am. I did 1 3/4" AR LT's and prothane motor mounts. I have to give a big thumbs up to American Racing Headers for a simply amazing product. They literally slid right in!! I was amazed. No removal of anything except the heat shields, but I did that so I wouldn't scratch the headers. No grinding anything, no removing the oil filter and they aren't anywhere near a plug wire. It was soooo damn easy. I recommend these headers to everyone A+!!! They are definately worth the price!! Now I gotta get my duals made up!!

A side note: My whole neighborhood was woke up at 7am today when I went romping around open headers!! Every kid walking to school was staring like WTF?? hahaha
Old 03-14-2008, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

99bluez, Great review. Thanks for going with ARH's. Have noisy summer.

Nick
Old 03-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Banned

How much were they with the Y pipe?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by COD02SS
How much were they with the Y pipe?
I only got the headers. I got them for $805 w/ free shipping from MPH motorsports (sponsor) ----------------------------------------->>>>>

Send them a PM and they can get you a price with a Y pipe.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by '99bluez
I only got the headers. I got them for $805 w/ free shipping from MPH motorsports (sponsor) ----------------------------------------->>>>>

Send them a PM and they can get you a price with a Y pipe.
Thanks bluez but that's not even close to what i want to spend on headers. I'm seriously considering the 190 dollar stainless LT's from ebay. Glad you like them tho

Ron
Old 03-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

thanks for the heads up.. im shopping for headers right now so im trying to read as much that i can.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

nice dude!! drivin open header is fun isn't it? when i installed mine i drove 25 miles from where they were installed to the exhaust shop and i had a van riding my *** the first mile and a half . . . course once i gave the throttle a tap he backed off a good 4 cars hahahahahave fun dude! and get some true duals
Old 03-16-2008, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by King Nothing
nice dude!! drivin open header is fun isn't it? when i installed mine i drove 25 miles from where they were installed to the exhaust shop and i had a van riding my *** the first mile and a half . . . course once i gave the throttle a tap he backed off a good 4 cars hahahahahave fun dude! and get some true duals
The car is at speed inc. right now for the duals. Yes driving open headers is awesome!! On the way to the shop I went WOT out of a tollboth and scared the **** out of the lady who took my change!
Old 03-16-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Regular

What do you mean open headers?
Old 03-16-2008, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Whiteknight01
What do you mean open headers?
It meants your car has just the headers on it and no exhaust after it. No cats, no mufflers, no X or H, no y pipe, no catback, etc. Its a bit loud.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you have done LT's yet, it's best to save until you can get the ARH's. I went from well-ported MAC mid's with ORY to ARH (1 7/8" primaries) LT's and picked up 25/17. Baseline run on dyno the morning the MAC's were uninstalled was done. The next day nearly identical time and weather, I saw that much of a gain. Waiting would be well worth the time and trouble. They're product to own.

'99blueZ > congrat's on the step up ... ARH LT's are about as good as it gets. Below is frothe shop owner who did my install and dyno'd the car:

'Hey All,

I was very surprised at the gains from the change of the Mac's w/ OR to the ARH 1 7/8" w/ Cats with no tuning changes. I did a locked baseline run Sunday after Jack dropped off the car to have a fair comparison instead of going back to the old runs. My base runs were close to Jack's last dyno numbers.

I will let Jack post up the numbers if he wishes. I can tell you the gains were more then what was predicted here by Disturbed Bird before the tune. I can get more specific once Jack posts.

Have a good one all.

Mike Norris
407-616-2518
thevettedr@aol.com
www.mikenorrismotorsports.com '
Old 03-16-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

It meants your car has just the headers on it and no exhaust after it. No cats, no mufflers, no X or H, no y pipe, no catback, etc. Its a bit loud.
I guess that illegal? Do you have a video? If its louder than my cutout I want to do it.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

I guess that illegal? Do you have a video? If its louder than my cutout I want to do it.
yes its illegal, but so is just simply moving the cats from their factory location. I don't have a video- try searching on youtube.

I'm sure that it is louder than your cutout, unless you cutout is right after your collector. Its fun for a few days but you would have to be insane to keep a street driven car like that for a long period of time.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And keep a set of plugs in your car b/c you'll be fouling them like crazy. Running open headers when you aren't absolutely forced to is dumb.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, yeah....open headers is pretty much the loudest setup you can get Unless you are really awesome and run open head.......
Old 03-17-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just finished my car last night at about 3am. I did 1 3/4" AR LT's and prothane motor mounts. I have to give a big thumbs up to American Racing Headers for a simply amazing product. They literally slid right in!! I was amazed. No removal of anything except the heat shields, but I did that so I wouldn't scratch the headers. No grinding anything, no removing the oil filter and they aren't anywhere near a plug wire. It was soooo damn easy. I recommend these headers to everyone A+!!! They are definately worth the price!! Now I gotta get my duals made up!!

A side note: My whole neighborhood was woke up at 7am today when I went romping around open headers!! Every kid walking to school was staring like WTF?? hahaha
Nice, congrats. Im pumped to get mine too. Ill have to talk to Nick when the time is right.

If you get some vids of it, post em up.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks bluez but that's not even close to what i want to spend on headers. I'm seriously considering the 190 dollar stainless LT's from ebay. Glad you like them tho

Ron
What you want to spend is up to you, but from experience I recommend to never go cheap when building a car. Whether it being a 9 second track car or a bolt on daily. I've heard and seen great things with these American Racing Headers. Definately worth the price. Hoping they can fab up some LT1 headers. I'd be first in line
Old 07-14-2008, 01:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats leaning towards the ARH 1 7/8 w/ORY when I swap the macs on my Blk one.I think its worth the $$ IMO.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

Ron
atleast get pacesetters, theyre reputable, good gains, low issues, easy install. y trust ebay, 400 bucks get u ceramic coated headers.

but definatly nice to hear about A.R. Fitment. i'm leaning towards these more and more.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ron
Originally Posted by Killer_Z
atleast get pacesetters, theyre reputable, good gains, low issues, easy install. y trust ebay, 400 bucks get u ceramic coated headers.

but definatly nice to hear about A.R. Fitment. i'm leaning towards these more and more.
Or wait for me to install my ARH's (just ordered today) and buy my Hookers. They may be used, but I bet they beat the $190 ebays...

Quick Reply: American Racing Headers Review! Super easy install!