Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers....ATTN!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Racing Headers....ATTN!

Well I have to admit something. I decided to give American Racing headers a try on a clients 2002 Firehawk. I have only one thing to say...Bitchen! I have installed numerous brands of headers on F-body's, C-5, C-6, Mustangs, etc and these are by far the easiest and nicest headers I have ever worked with! From the first turn of the air racket on the factory manifolds, to the last clamp slipped in place on the ARH Y-pipe it took me a grand total of 2 hours and 15 minutes to install them! Not a single interferance issue with headers to K-member, or steering arm, or cats touching the floor boards, or central factory hanger being too far away to use! Jacking up the damned engine? Not this time...not even close to an issue! PERFECT!

Nick...my hat is off to you man! Great set of headers for the F-body. Now let's see in the beginning of April how they fit on the two C5's and the C6 cars that are coming in!

I will post the dyno numbers on Monday to show the increase with cam, ARH headers, and custom tune.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats good to know I'm planning to go with these headers in my new car.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

They look awesome to me, wish I had a set.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

I couldnt agree with you more. I just got done installing mine on my Hawk a few weeks ago, not one single issue. It took me a bit longer, being as it was my first time on an f-body, and i did poly mounts. Ground clearance is great! I havent scraped yet, and the entrance to my apartment blows. I have pics I post later if anyone wants to see them.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kirby's hawk
I couldnt agree with you more. I just got done installing mine on my Hawk a few weeks ago, not one single issue. It took me a bit longer, being as it was my first time on an f-body, and i did poly mounts. Ground clearance is great! I havent scraped yet, and the entrance to my apartment blows. I have pics I post later if anyone wants to see them.
Definately post some up
Old 03-16-2008, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

will do. I should have them up in few hours.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Here are the pics.

All I had was soup, sorry. I actually got it tucked up a bit farther after I took these.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

i like them too, i just wish they were more affordable
Old 03-16-2008, 08:30 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have contemplated getting a set and selling the FLP's for a while now.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02silvaZ
i like them too, i just wish they were more affordable
You get what you pay for!

-Kenny
Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KAZ MotorSports

-Kenny
I agree 100%. At ARH you may pay a lot, but you get a lot of great product.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Teching In

You are not paying alot when you consider that they are a thicker wall tubing, better flanges, made in the USA, and PERFECT fitment.

On a side note...Don't be an idiot like I was to put the coil packs on and then realize the oil dipstick tube is still sitting on the bench! Sticking your hand and arm into the the rear of the engine compartment for the rear most coil stud is like jamming your hand into a bag of razor blades. Doing that twice is bad enough...having to do it four times was damn near intentional torture.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I have to admit something. I decided to give American Racing headers a try on a clients 2002 Firehawk. I have only one thing to say...Bitchen! I have installed numerous brands of headers on F-body's, C-5, C-6, Mustangs, etc and these are by far the easiest and nicest headers I have ever worked with! From the first turn of the air racket on the factory manifolds, to the last clamp slipped in place on the ARH Y-pipe it took me a grand total of 2 hours and 15 minutes to install them! Not a single interferance issue with headers to K-member, or steering arm, or cats touching the floor boards, or central factory hanger being too far away to use! Jacking up the damned engine? Not this time...not even close to an issue! PERFECT!

Nick...my hat is off to you man! Great set of headers for the F-body. Now let's see in the beginning of April how they fit on the two C5's and the C6 cars that are coming in!

I will post the dyno numbers on Monday to show the increase with cam, ARH headers, and custom tune.
Though LMR did the header and X pipe install on my GTO, I too was astonished that there was so much room around everything. The fit was amazing in comparison to others I have seen on the goat. I feel like the extra expense was well worth it, especially when you factor in the headache of improperly fit headers. And the welds!!! Damn they're good.... Now Nick, get to working on some headers for the upcoming G8 my wife wants one BAD! LOL
Old 03-17-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are not paying alot when you consider that they are a thicker wall tubing, better flanges, made in the USA, and PERFECT fitment.

On a side note...Don't be an idiot like I was to put the coil packs on and then realize the oil dipstick tube is still sitting on the bench! Sticking your hand and arm into the the rear of the engine compartment for the rear most coil stud is like jamming your hand into a bag of razor blades. Doing that twice is bad enough...having to do it four times was damn near intentional torture.
thats why most people leave the rear coil studs out on both sides.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Quick question, can you change the plugs after the headers are installed, I know some headers don't give enough room. Second question, I have a eibach pro kit on my car, do you think I will have clearence issues? Thanks for any info, I am thinking about getting these
Old 03-17-2008, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

I replaced mine after the header install.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

-Kenny
What shop are you at? Im in the springs myself.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:48 AM
9 Second Club

My friend is bout to order these.They look sick!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:15 AM
10 Second Club

Heheh, I could only wish there were no clearance issues with the set we are getting... Of course they are the 2" primaries so I suppose it is a trade off.

Awesome, that is why we went with ARH!
Old 03-18-2008, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01 Ram Air
Quick question, can you change the plugs after the headers are installed, I know some headers don't give enough room. Second question, I have a eibach pro kit on my car, do you think I will have clearence issues? Thanks for any info, I am thinking about getting these
I put the plugs in after the header install. The only that would have given me trouble is the #8 plug, but i had a lift so it was easy to get from the bottom.

Quick Reply: American Racing Headers....ATTN!