Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS showing .5 volts w/no throttle... but blade is closed

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TPS showing .5 volts w/no throttle... but blade is closed

I had my TB ported a while back... now I'm ataping it trying to get my car to idle on cold startup and noticed that the TPS is showing .5 volts at idle... which makes sense cause my IAC was 0...

The blade seems to be as closed as I can get it... any idea on what I can do to get it back down to 0 volts so I can let the IAC motor do it's job?
Old 07-23-2003, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: TPS showing .5 volts w/no throttle... but blade is closed

Your .5 volts at idle and with key on/engine off is normal- it's supposed to be around there. Your IAC position of 0 is not normal. Even at idle, it will typically be at 20-40. The 0 reading is telling you that the PCM is commanding it to 0 to try to idle the car down. If the engine has a vacuum leak you may see this. Is the car idling high after startup or is it stalling out? The IAC valve could also be stuck.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: TPS showing .5 volts w/no throttle... but blade is closed

Car idles for crap when it's cold, but when warm idles good...

I have the stock 550RPM idle though... and I drilled the TB... I'll try raising my Idle to 800 and see if the IAC moves at all...

I don't think it's a vacuum leak as once the car's warm it doesn't hunt much and never dies on me... (TR224 cam, 112 LSA, A4, 550RPM idle!)