Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vacuum issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default vacuum issue

well on my ls1 i am having some issues that are vacuum related, the car always seems to be on cruise control,the rpms jump for the hell of it sometime,my brakes have a lot of pressure in them,and when i hit them sometimes my rpms will jump up too so this seems like vacuum to me what do you think?? I am thinking i dont have enough vacuum so has anyone heard of a vacuum canister?? It is supposed to give you more vacuum and i am new to it and have never heard of it what do you think about those if you have heard of them and i also checked all of my lines and they are fine too so idk.
i also have a 224/230 cam,heads,headers,and stall if that matters thanks
Old 03-19-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A vacuum canister is usually used for engine that have very lope CAMS and can not generate a stable vacuum and used to assist in these situation for Brakes and other vacuum operated acc's.

With your symptom's, I would check all of your Vacuum ports and connections to see if you have a vacuum leak. Intake and Throttle Body.

When did this start, what was the last change before it started ?

Have you put on a Vacuum gauge to monitor and check ? If you under 10-12 in of vacuum, you might consider the Canister.. but if you above 11-12 in's of vacuum, you should be ok.

Maybe others with this cam would ping i on there cars and Vacuum reading they have. Have you had a tune to see if you can smooth out the idle some ?
Old 03-20-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yep it has been tuned and i am getting vacuum checked tomorrow it has been going on since i did my cam swap and i cant find any leaks. is there any good ways of checking leaks