Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some intake/throttle body advice for forged 347

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some intake/throttle body advice for forged 347

I bought a new 78mm fast intake with a 80mm bbk throttle body. I am going to be useing these with a forged 347 with stage 2 heads and a cam probly arround a 230-234 duration with some where arround a 600 lift. I sent a message to vengence to see if they could port the 78mm fast intake but they said that they had never done a 78mm fast and that I should just get the fast 92 setup. Should I just try and run this intake or sell it and buy the bigger fast 92? I am looking to try and make at least 450hp to the rear wheels on motor. I would also like to know if any one knows any one else that could port the intake. Is there any one out there that ports aftermarket throttle bodies also? There looks to be a lot of room for porting on this 80mm bbk also.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
I bought a new 78mm fast intake with a 80mm bbk throttle body. I am going to be useing these with a forged 347 with stage 2 heads and a cam probly arround a 230-234 duration with some where arround a 600 lift. I sent a message to vengence to see if they could port the 78mm fast intake but they said that they had never done a 78mm fast and that I should just get the fast 92 setup. Should I just try and run this intake or sell it and buy the bigger fast 92? I am looking to try and make at least 450hp to the rear wheels on motor. I would also like to know if any one knows any one else that could port the intake. Is there any one out there that ports aftermarket throttle bodies also? There looks to be a lot of room for porting on this 80mm bbk also.
Listen to Ron, he knows.....and he will also recomend the best throttle body as well.