Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Response

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Response

I have a 2000 SS with a 6 speed and not that that matters a lot. But it seems that some days the car runs better than others. I dont drive the car everyday cause I drive my work truck during the week, but some days I will start the car and it will sound strong right when I start it up and will seem to run great and put you back in the seat when you hit the gas and other days it seems like it just runs okay and that the throttle response is not what is should be for an SS. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
Old 03-31-2008, 12:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by downtown_ss
I have a 2000 SS with a 6 speed and not that that matters a lot. But it seems that some days the car runs better than others. I dont drive the car everyday cause I drive my work truck during the week, but some days I will start the car and it will sound strong right when I start it up and will seem to run great and put you back in the seat when you hit the gas and other days it seems like it just runs okay and that the throttle response is not what is should be for an SS. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
Stop using the "*** dyno". It for the most part is in your mind. I DD mine, and sometimes feel its lacking, but I watch the speedo as I gun it and it's just as fast.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed, but temp and humidity also affect power, but I agree, most of it is in your head
Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yep, in your head. One night at the local TnT I had been tuning and making passes, tuning and making passes the usual pass was about a 11.55 or so and the 60's were in the 1.55-1.58 range all night. Then finally I make my last pass for the night, and right on launch it feel slike the car is just not as strong but I stay in it, because what the hell right? On the return road I'm thinking to myself, "well back to the drawing board". That is until I get to the ticket booth, and get my time slip. 11.45 with a 1.52 60!? Dang! And it felt like the slowest pass by far! It was all in my head. Go figure.