Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, I'm stumped.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, I'm stumped.

Forgive me for being retarded, I know this has gotta be something easy. I just can't figure it out for the life of me.

I pulled the longtubes/ory and put the stock manifolds/Y-pipe back on over the weekend. Car ran fine for a little while (5-10 miles or so), and then the SES light came on, and the car started misfiring a little bit shortly after. Took it to autozone, had it scanned, and came up with:

p0300 = random misfire
P0352 Ignition Coil 2 Control Circuit
P0354 Ignition Coil 4 Control Circuit
P0356 Ignition Coil 6 Control Circuit
P0358 Ignition Coil 8 Control Circuit

Those ignition coils are all on the passenger side, so I figured the bank connection came loose or something. Double checked it, put it back together, took off for a short drive, and the light goes off, so I figured that connection was my problem even though it looked fine. But on the way home, it started misfiring again, and the light came back.

It looks just the same as the one on the other side. Nothing looks bent, no wires cut or pulled out of place.

After driving it some more today, it seems to be ok when I first start it. After about 2 minutes of driving, it will start mildly bucking from the misfires, and progressively get worse, and eventually the SES light will start flashing for about 15-20 seconds from the misfires, and then the problem is all of a sudden gone. Just disappears (even though the light is still there) until I shut the car off, and then the whole process starts again.

I also noticed that when the misfires start and I'm driving, I can put the car up in neutral, shut it off and let it coast for a few seconds, start the car again, and it'll be fine for a mile or so.

Any ideas? Has to be something easy. Car pulls as hard as ever when it isn't misfiring.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Default Re: Help, I'm stumped.

Sounds like a burned or pulled wire.