Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Important Meziere Street Pump Questions !

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Important Meziere Street Pump Questions !

Like most on this board I'm anticipating the release (when I can actually get my hands on one) of the Meziere street pump. However I have a couple of important questions, hopefully Thunder or someone who has access to the pump will jump in and answer them:

1. What is actually used for the Thermostat ?

2. Any additional items needed to make this work or does the unit include everything needed for an start to finish install ?

3. Has the wiring been designed for simple plug and play or does it require an electrical engineer (J/K) ?

4. Is the pulley closer to the radiator than stock ? This is 'really' important for those of us who are running thicker than stock radiators. The concern would be between the radiator, upper radiator hose and the Meziere pulley.

Thanks in advance to those who can contribute...
Old 07-29-2003, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Important Meziere Street Pump Questions !

[B]1. What is actually used for the Thermostat ?[B/]
A standard SBC thermostat is used. We are supplying a Hypertech 160 with the pumps at this time.

2. Any additional items needed to make this work or does the unit include everything needed for an start to finish install ?
Other then the thermostat everything is included.

3. Has the wiring been designed for simple plug and play or does it require an electrical engineer (J/K) ?
The wiring is not plug and play but it's pretty simple and shouldn't take a degree to get it done. Also you can get a relay and wire it to a switch if you want otherwise it is activated with the ignition.

4. Is the pulley closer to the radiator than stock ? This is 'really' important for those of us who are running thicker than stock radiators. The concern would be between the radiator, upper radiator hose and the Meziere pulley.
The pulley is a little closer to the radiator then stock but we haven't tried one on a car with a larger radiator so I don't now what the result we'll be. It should be anything that can't be overcome though. You can flip the upper hose around to get more room, only if the car doesn't have a power steering cooler. You can also zip tie the hose up a little which is what I did on my Vette.

Hope this helps....

Old 07-29-2003, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Important Meziere Street Pump Questions !

Thanks Paul....