Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Remove Cruise Control on a '00 Z-28?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 05:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to Remove Cruise Control on a '00 Z-28?

ok people, how can i remove the cruise control from my 2000 z-28. it seems i have a bunch of cables and that little black plastic dome thing in front of the engine bay . what do i all remove and do i have to do anything with ls1 edit? i'm trying to clean up the engine bay a little bit!
Old 07-29-2003, 10:23 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: How to Remove Cruise Control on a '00 Z-28?

The thing by the battery that the three cables go to is the TCS module (if your car has TCS), otherwise you will just have two cables going to the throttle body, one goes to the pedal, the other goes to the cruise module.

The cruise module is located on the driver's side front behind the fog/driving light - the AIR pump is there too. It has a bracket the holds it on the side of the frame and also another guard that bolts to the swar bar mount that protects the cruise cable. The cable runs up along and behind the master cylinder to the TCS module or the throttle body if your car doent have traction control. Its pretty simple to remove, unplug, unbolt everything and take it off, the cover comes off the tcs module and you just unhook the cable from there No lights will come on the dash and your cruise will just cease to function.

If you have TCS and want to ged rid of that (which I assume thats what you want to do since the only part of the cruise you can see is the cable) you will have to buy a new throttle cable from a non TCS car. When you unplug that one though you will get the 'TCS off' light on your dash, only thing you can do there is remove the bulb. I forget if the ABS stops working if the TCS motor is unplugged but it may since they are kinda tied together - been a while since I pulled a TCS module off..
Old 07-29-2003, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the response! i do have tcs. so let me get this straight. i would remove the tcs module on the pass. front that the i think three cable go to? but i dont want to get another throttle cable. so with that in mind what would i have left?
Old 07-29-2003, 08:15 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you remove the TCS module behind the battery you will have to buy a new throttle cable from a non-tcs car. The cacle thats on your car will not be adjustable and will be too long (I tried). You cant see the cruise module, the cable goes from the tcs module all the way behind the power brake booster and to the cruise module on the left front of the car..

You can remove the cruise control with no problem, but to remove the TCS module you will need a different pedal to TB cable. Plus your cruise cable will not work anymore either..

Quick Reply: How to Remove Cruise Control on a '00 Z-28?