Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers Question

Hey guys, I need to know what a good set of headers would be? I was thinking about going with Pacesetter
Old 04-11-2008, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Depends on how much $$$$$ you want to spend. Pacesetter are good, more on the lower end. Kooks and QTP are your high end. I believe price range is from $400-$1000. Depending on what you get and if you get them coated.

My experience, If your not in a hurry and look around there is always really good deals from the sponsors. I got a great deal on Kooks and had them coated which I personally recommend, for heat and looks. The fit and finish was perfect with them, no leaks no problems.

I am sure others will chime in with there opinions/experience with other brands. Good luck to you!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

I just bought Hooker 1 3/4 LTs, O/R Y and Catback from Speedtweekerz for $900 shipped to Cali. Call Texas Speed a call for the Pacesetters, they have a LTs & O/R Y combo for cheap
Old 04-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Teching In

i just put on flowtech long tubes and there wasnt any fitmit problems. i got them for 285 non coated though
Old 04-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Launching!

If you are looking for Headers you have several brands to choose from. Pacesetters are good but they will not last as long as the KOOKs . Pacesetters are made of Carbon Steel and will rust quicker then stainless steel. I have Pacesetters on my 05 GTO and very happy with them. As far as HP gains , your car will never know what brand name is stamped on the tubes. THe gains will be very simular from one brand to another
Old 04-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up LPP. they are building some badass ss headers & Y pipe and best of all there $650.00 shipped to your front door. that's what I'm replacing my pacesetters with. only down fall, it's going to be right around 30 more days b4 he releases them if your not in no hurry. I think it would be alot better investment than brand x. good luck with your choice. Brian
Old 04-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Plenty of good choices, just set a budget anbd work from there. Pacesetters are fine, very popular on here and produce solid results. Then you go up hill in price and material from there.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blownws6_nc
Look up LPP. they are building some badass ss headers & Y pipe and best of all there $650.00 shipped to your front door. that's what I'm replacing my pacesetters with. only down fall, it's going to be right around 30 more days b4 he releases them if your not in no hurry. I think it would be alot better investment than brand x. good luck with your choice. Brian
DEFINATELY look into LPP. i got their old set and they fit perfectly, performed great, and cost hundreds less than any other stainless steel headers out there. the only downfall was that the drivers side collector was angled up too much, but the new sets have fixed that and made other improvements.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

pacesetters and flowtechs are about the best for you buck you can get there a good header for the price, not the best but good.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

I just installed my American Racing Headers with an ORY. Its the nicest setup I have seen in person, very well built. I had to remove NOTHING and there is plenty of clearance. I pulled the plugs wires and dip stick tube from the top. I doubt it would have fit with the plugs in but I replaced mine during the install because it was easy. The headers are pretty expensive but I live in Pa so the salt on the roads would have eaten a set of coated headers in a year or two. I'd rather spend $1100 and do the job once then spend $400 ever two years and have to deal with poor fitment and rust.

I got mine from Fran from Race Proven its a small shop and they are extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions you may have.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Banned

Best bang for the buck = Ebay LT's, Pacesetter's, Flowtech
Old 04-13-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

i heared nothing but good things from american racing so i had to buy me some and there deff worth the price
Old 04-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

As i said in another thread..everyone has their brands they like. Most people like what is on their car..well because it is what they bought.

I personally like Kooks, and run them on all my cars.

We have a great sale going on most headers we sell here-
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials-44/
Old 04-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Launching!

LPP for me, they tucked up under perfectly search for my thread "thinking about XS/LPP?" and you'll see pics of the install and everything
Old 04-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Plenty of good choices, just set a budget anbd work from there. Pacesetters are fine, very popular on here and produce solid results. Then you go up hill in price and material from there.
I gained 21 RWHP with my Pacesetter install on a Mustang Dyno
Old 04-15-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

happy with my pacesetters!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

LPP/XS are the best for the buck IMO. I took off nothing of the bottom for the install and they each slid up in 30 seconds.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Longtubes are an important choice, Do your research, don't just listen to people praising one thing without experience, The only experience i've had was with QTP. I Bought race headers, they shipped EGR, when i complained, they said they couldnt do anything about it. However EGR is easily blocked off... As of fitment, VERY tight fit with stock K-member. I had to upgrade my Motor mounts to polyurethane so they wouldn't rub when i went WOT.
As for Looks, i dont think any could look better, Stainless Steel, very impressive gains.
I didnt take my stock LS1 to the dyno but after i added QTP headers and TSP true duals, I hit 348 RWHP and 365 LB of torque. It is NOT fun fitting the headers however. But bang for the buck, A lot of people prefer pacesetters. They'll rust very quickly however, and will probably be hard to resell if you ever desired to. Kooks is a well known brand, dont know much about any of those though, my friends have never gotten them.
That's just my 2 cents

Those are Stainless Steel QTP, Pricey.