Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I phoned lingenfelter and....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I phoned lingenfelter and....

I phoned them up to see about and egr adaptor I had seen for an ls6 manifold. Apparently they don't make it anymore, but are in the process of testing a new one. My question is i have an idea to try to make this work to give the egr tube a nice flat area to mate up to. Tell me if you think this will work. Take jb weld and fill the area up in the front to the desired height. Take a small pc or sheet metal cut to the exact size of the square opening in the manifold. Drill a hole in the metal and through the Jb weld and manifold. I would think that would give a good seal to avoid vacum leaks.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What exactly are you trying to do?
Old 04-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm trying to put an egr into my ls6 manifold
Old 04-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, so you have an ls6 without one. Ok now I understand.

Well when one does the egr mod they talke and cut the pipe off flush so as to not interfer with air flow. Been a while since I had an ls6 intake but as I remember you have a circular section in that sqaure section on the intake right?

just cut out the circle stick the pipe in and then jb weld it or they make a nice epoxy paste that will work awesome as well.

Doesnt need to be over engineered.