Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS LT's installed! Some after-install help needed. Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 06:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS LT's installed! Some after-install help needed. Thanks

Good morning,

I have a few questions about my the car now that the Pacesetters are installed.

1. The PS have that xtra flange for EGR equipped vehicles, I blocked that off. But didnt have plates for the AIR pipes and couldnt put them back on. I searched a found some posts about those who had same and didnt drive any distance, just turned engine over without hurting anything. So, 1st ques is obviously.....I imagine doing what I did was ok? Car is still up in the air, I ordered the block off plates.

2. This one is really odd to me. I fully expected, after all the board searching I did here, to have the engine show me the SES light considering, I dont have any rear o2's and havent even finished the exhaust setup (open headers) but it didnt! No SES light, any thoughts??

3. This was the most concerning, at first. First start up, idled good (loud as a ****), I gave it one rev, when it idled back down it nearly idled down too far and sounded like it was going to cut-off. I revved again and did same. 2 hours later, tried again and this time it didnt do it. There is a "learning curve" for the computer correct?

4. I imagine the light smokiness on the very first start was from the headers being new.

5. And last but not least...[B]those with that xtra unused EGR flange[B] do you have the same fitment issue with your #4 spark plug wire?? That thing is laying right on that flange (has nowhere else to go) and I imagine it will melt through if left there. Any thoughts on that?? I am willing to cutoff that flange if necessary.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible to make it easier for someone to help me answer. All in all, the install went well. I took my time, did a crapload of reading here on the boards and would like to thank all those who replied to my posts over the course of the last 2 weeks. Thanks. I'd like to post a detailed write up sometime later. Didnt get a chance to do it last night.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Restricted User

1) you're fine
2) give it time, the SES light WILL come on
3) The PCM will figure it out, give it time
4) the smoke was from your greasy paw prints burning off your headers
5) If you're really worried about it buy a boot to put over the wire or just use heat tape.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

last night i got my pacesetters on and started it. it smoked so bad. like 1000000x worse then i thought it would.