Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can You Run Both, Jaam And Ftra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can You Run Both, Jaam And Ftra?

Can you run JAAM and FTRA at the same time?
I have the FTRA but the JAAM system looks good, and for the price i will try it.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is possible but the JAAM kit seems to get so much air in that I dont thin it would be worth it. I really dont like the idea of cutting out that section under the air cleaner for the FTRA, I am going with a JAAM only.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Question

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
I think it is possible but the JAAM kit seems to get so much air in that I dont thin it would be worth it. I really dont like the idea of cutting out that section under the air cleaner for the FTRA, I am going with a JAAM only.

And what do you think about the JAAM and the water. SOmeone told me that it didnt have problem, but when you look at the kit, all the water that enter through the hood it dont have other way to go than to the filter.
And my problem is that were i live it rains a lot.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:12 AM
FormerVendor

Technically you could run both but it would be of no benefit. Air takes the path of least resistance so if one kit (likely the FTRA) is creating more pressure than the other, the air will simply escape out the JAAM kit instead of going into the motor.

Both the FTRA and the JAAM kits have a risk of water ingestion. The FTRA does come with a block off plate for use in really bad weather which disables the kit. The JAAM kit cannot easily be disabled.

Please note that on WS6 cars, the JAAM kit is a direct install and makes the hood function. The FTRA doesn't use the hood at all but rather draws air from underneath the vehicle. The one caveat for install on WS6 cars is that you will need to supplement the front air box rubber seal we provide in the FTRA kit with some foam weatherstripping, duct tape or cut a piece of plastic to take up the extra 1/2" in height that the WS6 air box is over all other LS1's.

Both are great kits but pick one and stick to it
Old 04-18-2008, 08:55 PM

The free ram air mod will hurt the performance of the Jaam Ram Air kit. Fast Toys is right. The air takes the path of least resistance. The pressurized air from the Jaam Ram Air kit will flow into FRAM and not the filter lid. We did pressure measurements on the FRAM using a Water Column gauge and measured 1” WC. We found that most of the will air flow thru the radiator and there is very little if any ram air effect. With the Jaam Ram Air, we measured over 6.5” WC pressure at high speed.
Jaam Engineering