Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dynomax or magnaflow to put on loudmouth

Old 08-02-2003, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dynomax or magnaflow to put on loudmouth

i bought the loudmouth exhaust seeing as i cant fit a muffler under my gas tank anymore, but this thing is sooo loud and shitty sounding, i want to add either the dynomax or the magnaflow round muffler where the resonator is. i want a deep sounding tone and for it to be not as loud and abnoxious as the loudmouth. if anyone has sound clips that would be awesome.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: dynomax or magnaflow to put on loudmouth

come on, i know almost everyone has cut up their loudmouth, what muffler did you use
Old 08-03-2003, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The sound is going to be very similar if not exactly the same. They are both straight through designs with a perforated core. The only difference that I have been told is that the Magnaflow has more absorption material, but I do not know this to be true. You will have to run a bullet style and will not create a dramatic difference in sound level but will clean up the sound somewhat. If you wan to keep the system all stainless then you can get a Magnaflow Magnapack in stainless (I think). If you are looking for cheap way out then you can call up one of the larger mail order outfits like Jegs or Summit and order and get the Dynomax 3 inch bullet for under 40 bucks and Dynomax has been running a promotion where you send them a copy of your receipt and get a 25.00 rebate. Personally I have had two different catbacks one with a Dynomax Ultraflo 3" single inlet/outlet and my current setup with a Magnaflow 4" single inlet/outlet and I do prefer the Magnaflow. I know that this does not directly answer your question but any info is better than none at all.

Later,
Bart
Old 08-03-2003, 02:41 AM
Staging Lane

i got magnaflow bullets before the tips, has a nice deep sound now

Search this Thread