Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sensor Connectoe Help required ASAP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sensor Connectoe Help required ASAP!!!!

OK, So I am an idiot. After a Head, Cam, and Header install from hell, I have a blue/black two wire connector on the rear drivers side of the intake that I cannot for the life of me find a home to plug it into. Does anybody know what this could be? It's the last item required under the hood to begin driving,
Old 08-02-2003, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Sensor Connectoe Help required ASAP!!!!

blue/black two wire connector on the rear drivers side of the intake sounds like the connector for the knock sensor harness to the wiring harness.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Where can the knock sensor harness be found, IE...the other end for the wires to plug into it?
Old 08-03-2003, 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible it's the connector to the sensor in the back of the intake manifold? if not..check all your e-vap and A.I.R. sensor's by the fuel rail's and make sure they are all pluged in...to easily see the knock sensor harness you would have to remove the intake manifold again..but chances are it's not that..because I dont think you have to remove that connector for a head's/cam swap..Anyway's check all the connectors iv'e listed..odd's are it's one of those good luck,

Carter
Old 08-03-2003, 01:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's not the connector on the back Pass side of the intake. That one is connected. This was some where on the driver side, if I remember correct. It also has a small metal clip on the connector. I think that it was attached to a bracket on the last two bolts of the intake, but don't remember for totally sure. I just with I could find a place to plug it into. I have checked everything I can see. I guess I am blind to the specific spot for it.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

OK its, definately to the knock sensor. Does anyone know where I can feel to find the bung for the knock sensor to plug this back in?