Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems...need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems...need suggestions

Recently my car set a SES light on saying bank 1 fuel trim lean....we found what was causing it and fixed it immediately.... last friday i drove the car to the track just to watch but as i was leaving the track i shifted into 2nd gear and immediately heard the car start to break up and a loud tapping which was obviously a exhaust leak because one of my header bolts came loose(fixed that the next day) but I still heard a knocking or tapping and the car has a real strong vibration so im checking the car and my buddy points out that my left muffler hanger broke off the muffler(tsp true duals) so basically the muffler is just hanging and rattling around when the car is on. Tried driving the car today around the block and the car just starts to break up and feels really sluggish? could it be leaking somewhere now since the muffler is hanging?.....so my question is what could cause the car to run real rough,sluggish and whatnot(btw the car idles fine) any thoughts or suggestions will be helpful just give me your 2 cents guys...thanks

Mike
Old 04-24-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

if uve got a bad tapping noise you could have a collapsed lifter, or possibly a bent rod. might want to pull valve covers to check or get someone with a scanner to give a better diagnosis. drivability problems are hard to pinpoint over the internet. if ur car is running sluggish u might want to start by running a compression test look for any injector leaks and just look for anything that looks out of place. how do your o2 sensors look? just some ideas. because there are many things that can make a car sluggish.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

The tapping sound is coming from the bottom of the car like the exhaust...like from the broken hanger on the muffler i think its just banging something under the car but ill check the 02 sensors out tomorrow and whatnot...thanks for some ideas of what could be going on