Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot LTs and Magnaflow 59959 CATS, who has done it/have pics?

Old 04-25-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Question Jet Hot LTs and Magnaflow 59959 CATS, who has done it/have pics?

I've been running catless for over 5 years and I'm think of installing cats back onto my car. Having my clothes smell like exhaust fumes every time I drive it is getting old.

For the bit of research I've done the Magnaflow 59959 cats flow pretty good and should fit.

http://www.car-sound.com/02product/d...niversal=59959

I'm not making BIG HP yet, so these "should" work for my application.

Since I have Jet Hot LTs with an off-road Y, can I just cut and weld in/band clamp the cats or will I have to make a new Y-pipe?

I want max clearance (of course) and I don't want it banging the floor board.

If anyone has any similar setup, please post pics if you can and if you like it or not.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 04-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed them into my setup because of the smell as well. It didn't quiet the car down much at all but no more smell... Also it doesn't feel as if I lost any power either.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have QTP's and Magnaflow 59959's. Ground clearance isn't an issue at all. The cats are hardly wider than the pipe itself Your clearance should be equal or better with Jethot's since QTP's probably hang a little lower since they're a little longer. Here's a pic:

If my clearance is good enough for you, there won't be a problem. That being said, these cats are awesome. They're very light, the flow is fantastic and they do almost nothing to dampen the noise. The engine noise is nearly as raw as no cats. The only difference is it gets rid of the horrible exhaust fumes and a tad of rasp, making it a win in my book.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jet Hot LTs and Magnaflow 59959 CATS, who has done it/have pics?