Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTS installed, couple of issues, can someone help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation LTS installed, couple of issues, can someone help

ok heres a list of what im wondering and concerns after i got the ARH lts on

1. oil pressure, before header install it was at 40 during idle, now after lts its at 20-30 idle, any suggestion on what i could be?

2. i hear a small whistling sound on the passenger side, in the engine bay, leak? im not sure cause the car hasnt lost any power, i could also be hearing things, cause i heard that after lts, the engine bay does get little bit louder

3. y pipe hitting the the floor, undeneath the driver side, what can i do besides new motor mounts, anything else?

4. if it is leaking on the passenger side, can a muffler shop torque my bolts down and fix leak, if yes how much would it cost, (guestimate)

plz help
Old 04-27-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

3. Get a big *** hammer and bang ur floorboard
Old 04-27-2008, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

ARH and the Y-pipe bangs? I need to spread the word, maybe everyone will get off the "you get what you pay for" bullshit.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

Dude just get a ratchet and a swivel on it and torque all the bolts down your self,Check all the clamps on the exhaust also

And for the banging under the driver side the method that I use is getting steel wool and stuffing it inbetween the floor board and the y pipe(only two spots make contact)
Old 04-27-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Pntbll309
ARH and the Y-pipe bangs? I need to spread the word, maybe everyone will get off the "you get what you pay for" bullshit.

it bangs sometimes, its not like a rattle sound, maybe i installed wrong, but i dont think so, its a great peice, just it hits the floor, i havent realy heard of this before though
Old 04-27-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by jattgunman
Dude just get a ratchet and a swivel on it and torque all the bolts down your self,Check all the clamps on the exhaust also

And for the banging under the driver side the method that I use is getting steel wool and stuffing it inbetween the floor board and the y pipe(only two spots make contact)

took me 2 days, to do this, by myselft, i rather just take, i dont think they would charch more then 150, cany anyone verify this