Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Started Pacesetter Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Started Pacesetter Install

Started this evening putting Pacesetter LTs and a TSP catted Y on my 2002 z28. So far I've just taken off the y-pipe and converters, but everything was fairly easy to get loose, and I haven't lost that much blood so far.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

1) I've seen a lot of posts where people have found their plug wires get burned after a header install. What's the best way to protect them?

2) I've got the k-member up about 19" off the ground. Is that going to be enough to slide the headers in?

3) Should I just go ahead and replace the O2 sensors while I'm in there? They've got 74,000 miles on them.

And any other tips for the rest of the install would be much appreciated.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Launching!

1) i have pacesetters here and no burnt wires.
2) get under the car and you'll know how much you need to raise it.
3)if they were fine before then leave em.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Launching!

all the plugs go in from up top except the two rear passenger side from the bottom in 5 mins
Old 05-01-2008, 08:08 PM
12 Second Club

to make things easier, just buy the vetter o2 sensors. they will plug right in instead of splicing. Also you might have to notch off the ear on the block to get the driver side header in. I did my on small jack stands and had no problem. change the plugs while your at it. Like stated above, passenger side back are easier from the bottom
Old 05-01-2008, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

here is my advise on the deal. Get the car up in the air as much as you can. Remove the steering shaft, its a simple 2 bolts. IF you remove the steering shaft, there is NO NEED to grind off the casting tab on the block! Its pointless. You can also do all the plugs from the top if you so wish. I have installed a set of pacesetters, and a few other brands of headers, and the pacesetters by far fit the best, bar none!