Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Dual setup for MAC Mids?

Old 05-03-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True Dual setup for MAC Mids?

IS there anyone who makes them? I know TSP has them only for Long tubes.

Dont plan on changing my setup for a certain exhaust, or for 5 extra hp either, the MACs came on the car..
Old 05-03-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think your best bet would be to take the off road y pipe off the car and over to an exhaust shop to be made into an x pipe. or if you know of a muffler shop in your area that will work on it while its on the car you could just leave it on and take it there. most shop wont work on a car that doesnt have any cats
Old 05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any decent exhaust shop should be able to take some prebent pipe and connect it to the TSP system with minimal trouble.

but the idea of just turning the mac ypipe into an Xpipe and going from there is probably better

pick up the magnaflow X which has the inlet and outlet parallel. then go to summit and get the dynomax intermediate pipe that they sell and run both pipes side by side over the passenger side.

biggest issue is the PHB clearnce. but with dual 3" pipes you could notch the pipe for clearance and still maintain enough flow for even the biggest engines.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:59 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I had mine custom made. They did use the mac y-pipe to make an x and ran it over the axle out back for $300

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Search this Thread