Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plug gap, whats the deal??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plug gap, whats the deal??

I'm getting ready to change my plugs, and after reading countless posts i have it narrowed to either NGK's or Denso. However, i'm really lost on the gapping issue, people running the NGK's are saying to gap at .05 or .055, but the Denso's are .06, does this really matter on a pretty stock motor with no N2O or SC?? any advice would be great! thanks alot guys
Old 08-05-2003, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: spark plug gap, whats the deal??

Try them both if you must. I personally would suggest following the manufacturers instructions . Start with the lower settings and see how the car runs. If you feel you want more gap for some reason try it and see if you have any problems. Personally I would leave them at 55 because the plugs aren't exactly easy to get to and your not going to see much of a performance difference(if any at all) with a larger gap.

chad
Old 08-05-2003, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: spark plug gap, whats the deal??

thaks for the advice, i was just wondering what the advantage for the smaller gap was, from what i understand the factory gap is .06