Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to stay incognito.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trying to stay incognito.

Ok so i tried searching, but I'm deployed right now so i dont have hours to look thought old threads, and I dont have any of my ls1 books with me. Im coming home on leave in about a week, and would like to spend my leave driving my car instead of having it on jackstands waiting for parts.

What Im looking at doing with my car is trying to stay as stealth as possible.

Im going to do the thunder cheater h/c package and want to try and squeeze as much power from it as I can with oem parts. So if I remember correctly the 6.0l truck throttle body is 85mm and is cable actuated. The ls6 maf is 85mm. And of course I'm going to do an ls6 intake manifold at the same time. I dont know why but I have a set of ls2 exhaust manifolds laying around...any benefit to using these... do they even fit ls1 heads?

Stuff my car already has, SLP lid,slp ram air mod, a very quiet slp exhaust, i have no idea what model it is, but my buddy who i bought this from worked at slp at the time and just got random slp parts. i have a hp tuners, but havent really done anything with it. it has a ls6 clutch on it.

any help will be greatly apreciated. or just a point in the right direction.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i too would like to know if an 85mm Tb and 85mm MAF would be worth it
Old 05-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

i dont care what the performance/cost is, i just need to know which ones i need.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

anyone know?
Old 05-08-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The ls2 manifolds are minimum gain if any. Most of the power that comes with the ls2 is from the heads and the slightly bigger cam. i would think it you got the stock tb ported and polished it would be just fine. i would see about keeping the cats and manifolds but getting a y-pipe made for alittle extra flow.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How about a little more information on your car (model, year, current mod's, etc).

The LS1/6 Throttle Body are only 78mm. So, not sure if the Truck 6.0L TB will fit the LS6 intake (I think not).

If you go with the 86mm MAF, you will spend a lot of time at or on the Tuner.. may not be a good Idea with your short time. Just use the LS6 intake with a ported and polished Throttle Body. The Stock MAF and a PP/TB should be good to the north side of 400+hp.

But everyone has different opinons.

Most likey the LS2 Exhaust Manifold will not get you much.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:23 AM
Staging Lane

Its a 2000 SS with SLP lid, SLP exhaust, I have duals coming in the mail which I plan on hacking up to have 4 mufflers total. I'm trying to keep this car as unnoticeable as I can, and well the SLP lid makes quite a ruckus. I dunno if the exhaust is even a production part as I bought the car from my buddy whos brother in-law was working at slp and got all kinds of random parts, but its quieter than my aunts 01 SS at idle and WOT.

As far as time at the tuner, I'm going camping with the woman for a few days, so its not really an issue.