Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off road Y-pipe and o-2 codes???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Off road Y-pipe and o-2 codes???

Ok so I hope to have my Pace Setter emission SS headers and off road y pipe put on early this week...

Ok so i know the off road y pipe has no cats... for the 2nd set of o2 sensors so i am going to guess that my car will probably through a

P0154 code- No activity sensor one bank 2
P0160 code- No activity sensor two bank 2
Am I right about this???????
Also, i guess i will have to live with the Check Engine Light on again untill i get a final tune if this is the case...

But will these two codes cause any
1. Other codes????
2. Misfiring?????
3. Backfiring????
4. messed up idleing????
5. Performance loss????

If so I will just wait untill I can get a tune or get the rear o2s cut off....I can live with this not causing performance gains because of no tune, but if its gonna make my car run worse or lose any power the awesome sound wont be worth it IMO....

Last edited by gn4life; 05-11-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Anybody???
I figured this would be an easy question to answer
Old 05-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

As far as codes go i am pretty sure that whatever codes u get its going to be bank 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 and the code will not make the car run worse. it might say cats below efficiency or something but i dont really see your car running worse.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hope that putting those on wont set my check engine light on I just ordered the pacesetter longtubes with the off road y pipe and the little o2 sensor plug or whatever its is I dont know anyone that would be able to tune.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned

You will have a CEL if you run an off-road pipe till you get the two 02 sensor's tuned out.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

i just finished my pacesetter lt's and ory tonight and i took the front o2 sensors off the car and pluged the rear o2 senors into the headers and drove for an hour and still no codes. im gonna finish it up right next weekend
Old 05-12-2008, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by matt01ws6
i just finished my pacesetter lt's and ory tonight and i took the front o2 sensors off the car and pluged the rear o2 senors into the headers and drove for an hour and still no codes. im gonna finish it up right next weekend

put the front sensors back on. the front sensors actually monitor the air/fuel ratio. the rear sensors are there just to check the effeciency of the cats. without the front sensors your car is running off the programming in the pcm, not what is actually comming out of the pipe. your CEL will be on very shortly
Old 05-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Yes thanks everyone ....
BUT AS STATED IN MY ORINGINAL POST...I KNOW IT WILL THROW O2 CODES!!! AND CAUSE THE CEL OR SES light to be on.....
BUT if I cant get the rear O2 sensors truned off right away is it going to effect my performance
such as
Backfiring
Missfiring
Or running funny

Yuik87 says no...Anybody else got any facts on this???