Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't Start!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't Start!!

I'm in the middle of a nitrous project and all of a sudden my car won't start. It turns over but won't seem to fire up. I've got 50lbs of fuel pressure and I can hear the pump cycle when the ignition is switched on-so I am getting fuel to engine. I don't know if my injectors are pulsing. I blew a 25 amp fuse in the fuse block in the dash that goes to the cigarett lighter, but I replaced it and tested the lighter and it works. Car will occassionally start to fire but won't start up. Anybody have anything?? Ever had this problem??
Old 05-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Launching!

are you getting spark? pull a plug, and crank the motor to see. And when you pull it out smel for fuel on the plug, to see if your getting fuel for sure.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what car, year and other information are we working on here ? was it running before you started ?.. what did you disconnect in your project ?

57 PSI is the normal pressure that you should have static when the key 1st gets turned on and started. I forget the min PSI...but I think you should be ok to start.

can you pull any codes from the CEL ? get one of those NOID light to check the injetors. check all of you connections (cam, crank, etc) and wiring, relays.
etc.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Teching In

It's A 2001 Trans Am. I have started the car several times since plumming in the nitrous solenoids lines ect. where I ran into trouble was after I hooked up the red wires from the switches (arm and purge) to my fuse block. I used the HHA add-a-line connectors made by buss fuses they use two fuses each one 10 amp fuse for the wired side and the original fuse from the block wherever you plug in, so I'm pretty confident That I didn't blow a relay, but if I did where would I find it? I'm going to check for spark, but the car already started to start a couple of times, just wouldn't stay running. which made me believe maybe my injectors were not pulsing. The injector fuses are good. I checked all of the fuses in all three blocks and they all look good. Anybody have an idea as to what is wrong?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Teching In

I have just confirmed that I am getting spark. Any help?
Old 05-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Launching!

when you pull the plugs do they have fuel on them? that would tell you if the injectors are pulsing or not
Old 05-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Teching In

I pulled a plug after trying to start and it is wet with fuel. Could I have possibly done something to the program in the car when I shorted out the cigarrett lighter fuse? It has a custom tune ,would that have effected anything? Acts like it may be out of time. Can the program have anything to do with that?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no expert on these things but it almost sounds like you somehow reset the tune.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Ok, So I think I may have it figured out. I posted what I think happened on the Nitrous thread titled Flooded to Hell! Check it out and tell me what you think.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Teching In

So I drained my oil and it smelled of fuel. I guess the cylinders got so flooded that the fuel sat in them and drained into the pan. Has anyone ever ran into this? I pulled the spark plugs to let the cylinders dry out. Will they dry out if I let it sit for a day or two or do I need to do something else? I was told to turn the motor over with the plugs out to get the fuel out of the cylinders. Will that work?