Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine sensor fuse.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine sensor fuse.p0102,p0103

I have done a search but it seems that everyone has a short somewear and when they put a new fuse in it blows right away. Mine can last for days or mins. There is no reason to why it ever blows just does. Usually though when I am ripping around it will pop. Any suggestions. I have seen that maf connector wires in the plug can be a problem so when I get on it the engine moves a little maybe and causes it to short not sure? Any suggestions.

Ok I just read the code and it is p0102, p0103. Lo maf voltage and high Freq. voltage. I assume when it is high voltage it is poping my fuse. It was breaking up in first, bucking like a rev limiter, now I cleared the code and it is good for now. The maf is stock and has never been cleaned. Would this help. If so what do I use? Thanks

Last edited by 98nosz28; 05-15-2008 at 09:25 AM. Reason: new information
Old 05-15-2008, 08:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually the O2 sensor can cause the issue; the harness may be lying on your headers.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 84 Z28 was popping ECM Fuses... I had a bad Fan Temp Sensor and connector.. replaced that and it stopped popping fuses.. took almost 6 months of checking to find out that all it was was the sensor/connector.. I had melted a bit from the heat, the inside of the connector and sensor was shot.

Many not be your problem, But I would recommend that you check all of your sensors and senders and the connector/wires.

Quick Reply: Engine sensor fuse.