Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Y-Pipe: am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Y-Pipe: am I missing something?

I have my Pacesetter headers here, but I am trying to figure out the y-pipe. I cannot see how the two sections of the y-pipe connect as they both are the exact same diameter and there is no piece to join the two. Shouldn't one of the ends (not the header side) of the y-pipe sections be sized differently to slip over the other side (just like it is to slip the y-pipe onto the headers)? The instructions seem to indicate that the smaller section should slip INTO the longer section of the y-pipe, but that is impossible with my set.

I can't possibly have to buy a seperate piece or have it welded together... that would be stupid. SO, what is missing here? Is this y-pipe defective? Or am I defective?
Old 08-07-2003, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Pacesetter Y-Pipe: am I missing something?

I have these. Definitely, one slips into the other, I'd say you have a defective unit.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Crap. And they sent me uncoated rather than coated. Looks like everything is going back.

Thanks Dave.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

I recieved mine yesterday. It goes together perfect!
Also recieced all hardware ie. clamps, nuts, bolts etc..
Where did you order yours? Initially i was going to get mine from Tx Speed & perf. However, i had been waiting well over a month!!
I got with Chris @ Redline Perf last week & already recieved my ORY. Should be getting my "Coated" headers next week. Spoke with Chris yesterday & he said there were around 15 or 20 coated sets going out. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Same spot as you. They were prompt.

But, I ordered coated headers and they sent me uncoated - so those need to go back. And, they obviously sent me a y-pipe that wasn't properly fabricated. Chris has been good, but Pacesetter has not been returning calls, etc... so their customer service leaves a bit to be desired. I have no clue where I stand, except that I got all the wrong parts... Lol!