Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to get some ideas on duals pricing for UMI TA

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 06:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Trying to get some ideas on duals pricing for UMI TA

I recently pulled the entire exhaust off of the car and am starting over. I had Pacesetters and TSP duals and I went with the UMI Tunnel Mount TA so now I'm going to need to have something custom made. I've already got a new set of QTP's on there and have a pair of Borla XR-1's to use in the duals, I just need the piping and labor. I would like to have it run out the back and I'm wondering what some of you guys paid just to have an idea...

I want to keep it 3" piping so I will be going under the axle and using flanges. This should drop the price pretty noticeably considering where it usually gets expensive is going over the axle.

So what do you guys think would be a fair price range for piping and labor alone?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 12:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your having a custom true duel set up made to work around the UMI tunnel mounted torque arm? Well i think any custom made exhaust set up especially true dual is going to be pricey. Then throw in you want it made to work around the torque arm might add to the price, especially if you want to stay with 3". I know a muffler shop in my area would charge i believe $450 for custom 3" X pipe true duals dumped at the rear end with dynomax bullets. Under the axle and with you supplying the mufflers my guess im shooting for in the $750-$850.
-Joel
Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
So your having a custom true duel set up made to work around the UMI tunnel mounted torque arm? Well i think any custom made exhaust set up especially true dual is going to be pricey. Then throw in you want it made to work around the torque arm might add to the price, especially if you want to stay with 3". I know a muffler shop in my area would charge i believe $450 for custom 3" X pipe true duals dumped at the rear end with dynomax bullets. Under the axle and with you supplying the mufflers my guess im shooting for in the $750-$850.
-Joel
Yikes, I hope not. I'll just dump it again if it's gonna be that much.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What kind of headers do you have?