Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle problems after AIR and EGR delete.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Idle problems after AIR and EGR delete.

Like the title says it wont idle where it used to (1k) anymore. I start it up and it idles right around 1200. If Im driving easy just cruising at say 4th gear where it usually was 1600 its now at 2000 and if I put the clutch in it wont slow down. And if I let off the gas completely while driving it will just slow to 2k and not slow from there again. When Im at a stop light it will take forever to slow down to 1200 and will never get there unless its a long light.

I did just recently delete the AIR and EGR systems I wouldnt think this would do it but Im pretty new to these cars so I have no idea. Also Ive been hearing a wierd noise from the rear area at completely random times so I cant really get it to do it and it does it when I am not expecting it at all. There has been no power loss.

Info on the car. Does have FAST intake, GM Hot Cam, LTs with ORY, 12 bolt rear with 4.11 gears. Car has 29,500 miles on it, Ive put 1k on it since I had it(early April) previous owner put a hair under 3k on it in 3 years.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

If you had the Fast intake installed with the egr before and then removed it the hole on the manifold could not be sealed up tight enough causing a vacume leak
Old 05-20-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

wht kind of noise are u hearing from the rear end?