Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp maf + diablosport

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp maf + diablosport

first of all, don't chastize me, i bought the car this way. i bought this sweet 00 ws6 m6 with only 5000 miles, and it has a few bolt ons. it currently has the diablosport programmer installed with the generic program. previous owner did not modify the program on the car. along with that, he installed a slp maf, and air lid. i have all the paperwork from his purchases (speed inc.) and it said somewhere they didn't recommend the preadetor and the maf together. we drove the car 400 miles home without a hiccup. i have the stock maf, was wondering if i should put it back in? he also installed a 160 stat, i would think a 180 would do an engine much better (allowing the contaminets in the oil to burn off better)? can you guys help? thanks
Old 05-25-2008, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

I had that same setup on an 02' SS and had NO problems at all until i de-screened the MAF. Then I started throwing lean codes (of course), put the stock MAF back in and it was OK. It is hit and miss with the SLP, if you are running fine, leave it be.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

why would a descreen throw a lean code? my setup currently works at part throttle, i dunno about wot, i brought it home with out of state, expired plates, so i had to be a good boy.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

well the screen restricts air flow, so it wont run AS lean i guess with it in. i have the slp maf and programmed with diablosport. sometimes, depending on where you buy your gas it might throw a lean code but its nothing to worry about.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

As much as the screen is there to protect the wires that actually sense the airflow, it also straightens the air flow across the wire. Some setups seem to be more sensitive to it than others, I have seen about 60% have problems when they de-screen. Odd..... I de-screened and it ran like it had water in the gas. Drove 75 miles to Orlando and ran at the track, drove home and put the screen back in, problem gone.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

is there really any benifit to the slp maf? on my other cars, i just descreened the factory maf, had no problem. if there is no benifit with the slp, i will prolly switch back to original and descreen.