Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucas oil stop works..

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lucas oil stop works..

I had an oil leak on my ls1 and I could not locate where it was coming from. At first I thought it was the rear main seal, then oil pan. I think it was the oil pan because it was wet from the front to back. It was not crank seal. I put some lucas stop leak a week ago and washed degreased the engine. Today I checked and there was no leaks.

I was wondering what some of ya'll guys thought about this product because I have read some threads that says its bad for our cars. Is there any proof to back up the claims. I read something like it bubbles and cause's gook to build ,but there was no heat added to the test, would that make a difference?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if it's bad but to me, you're only covering up a problem, not fixing it. Some other will come on here and say if it's bad or not.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lucas additives may not be the best thing in the world to add to your car, www.bobistheoilguy.com has a demonstration as to why you may not want that in your high rpm parts...

depending on the oil you use, especially with synthetics, some may "thin" out enough to seep through older seals, try changing brands or viscosities rather than putting an additive. If it still leaks and you've hit 20w50, I'd try to find the worn seal it's leaking from.

Quick Reply: Lucas oil stop works..