Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electric cut-out.?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric cut-out.?????

hey guys, i just wanted to know how difficult it is to install a electric cut out? thanks,
Old 08-12-2003, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: electric cut-out.?????

Hardest part is the electrical wiring. If I can do that.. anyone can
Old 08-13-2003, 10:05 AM
Teching In

I have a McCord Power Plate on my TA. I love it. It really wasn't hard at all to install. I got my cutout from www.not a sponsor.com and then ordered the plate from McCord. I had my cutout put in the convenient well near the rear passenger seat. There is a hole in the floor pan there with a rubber stopper. The hole leads right to a hole in the carpet where the seat cushion bolts down. I had mine wired with a convertible top switch, and it sits right in the dash where it should. Since I have a convertible, I put it in the whole for the TCS. GM makes a dash plate that has both holes. The plate was ~$4. (Note to Vert owners, TCS switch and Vert switch are different and do not fit in the plate on either side. So my second switch is jerry rigged with a zip-tie in the back to hold it in place. For non-verts, this is an awesome way to do it.) Anyway, the whole thing came wired, and all I had to do was tap into the power in the dash. I think all cars have the TCS wiring back there. Mine did, and I don't have TCS. I highly recommend getting it with the Vert switch. It will look the cleanest this way.

Post edited by WILWAXU
Old 08-13-2003, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a McCord Power Plate on my TA. I love it. It really wasn't hard at all to install. I got my cutout from www.not a sponsor.com and then ordered the plate from McCord. I had my cutout put in the convenient well near the rear passenger seat. There is a hole in the floor pan there with a rubber stopper. The hole leads right to a hole in the carpet where the seat cushion bolts down. I had mine wired with a convertible top switch, and it sits right in the dash where it should. Since I have a convertible, I put it in the whole for the TCS. GM makes a dash plate that has both holes. The plate was ~$4. (Note to Vert owners, TCS switch and Vert switch are different and do not fit in the plate on either side. So my second switch is jerry rigged with a zip-tie in the back to hold it in place. For non-verts, this is an awesome way to do it.) Anyway, the whole thing came wired, and all I had to do was tap into the power in the dash. I think all cars have the TCS wiring back there. Mine did, and I don't have TCS. I highly recommend getting it with the Vert switch. It will look the cleanest this way.

Ditto for me. Exact same set up, 2 years of trouble free operation.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Holy Crap! Another Red-Orange!!! I have 1 of 21 Red-Orange Trans Am verts!
Old 08-13-2003, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recommend doing business with QTP http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/ They have a great product and they stands behind it... not to mention QTP is a sponsor here.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thnks guys, my electric cut-out is on its way....can't wait to install ittt.....
Old 08-14-2003, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ditto for me. Exact same set up, 2 years of trouble free operation.
ditto