Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meziere Street EWP installed and impressions. lots o pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Meziere Street EWP installed and impressions. lots o pics

Recieved my Meziere EWP yesterday and got it installed right away. Install went smoothly and *I* had no problems. But I can definately see how people with milled heads and LS6 intakes will have a rougher time as you can see in one of my pics. Only thing that didn't go perfectly with my install was that I didn't realize that the heater hoses were two different sizes (damn GM) so I had installed the fittings in the wrong holes and had to take them out and re-install them. The pump works great with the 160deg thermostat in and my car sitting in my driveway idling with the cooling fans switched on my temps stayed at around 170. Outside temp was around 80 degrees at that time. Well on to the pics. I'm going to work on an install write up when I get some more time.

Will
Old 08-14-2003, 10:01 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Default Re: Meziere Street EWP installed and impressions. lots o pics

Awesome writeup Will!

Maybe Meziere will clearance that spot.

Man that whole setup looks huge.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Any noticable performance gain?

Tommy
Old 08-14-2003, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very helpful/useful post. I didnt know where/why there was a problem with milled heads or an ls6 intake, now i know. Great pics. I cant wait to get mine.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:34 AM
I can shift faster than you.

Awesome writeup Will!

Maybe Meziere will clearance that spot.

Man that whole setup looks huge.
Meziere can't clearance that spot much, if any, since the sealing o-ring is in the way.

Jason
Old 08-14-2003, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

I am a little curious what the 2 extra allen head bolts are for. I did not recieve those with my pump.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wasn't sure what they were for either. They were never included in the instructions anywhere. But the thread on them fit perfectly in the holes for the stock thermostat housing so I used them there instead of the stock bolts. The stock bolts arent the right thread and when you try and put them in they will self tap a new hole and if you dont get them in straight you're screwed. So I just used those two allen bolts and washers to bolt the thermostat housing onto the pump instead and it worked perfectly.

Will
Old 08-14-2003, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the pics! Can you and/or a dyno notice any power gain??
Old 08-14-2003, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

thanks again for the pics man!
Old 08-14-2003, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

does the belt just ride on the bottom of that or does it a free spinning drum? I am going ot get one for my truck and I am really curious. Nice write up and pics.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:44 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Meziere can't clearance that spot much, if any, since the sealing o-ring is in the way.

Jason
They can move the location of the outlet. For $500.00 I would expect it to fit without any issues especially with a reputation like Meziere's.

If enough people inform them about the problem they will correct the problem if they want to sell more pumps.

Hey Will did you stick a cam in there while you had the front of the engine apart?

Let me know if you're going to OSW tomorrow night.

Later
Old 08-14-2003, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

i just noticed where it is very close to hitting the bottom bolt on the TB. The trucks should not have a probel with because the manifold is much taller.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:05 PM
Adkoonerstrator

SS Escalado - Don't order one just yet. The water neck comes straight out and I think it will interfere with the serpentine belt on the trucks.

If it is in the same exact spot as a stock Fbody water pump it looks like it will be a problem on the trucks. Take a look at your water pump and notice the flat cast circle on it just below the water neck. That is where the neck comes out on the Fbody pumps.

I am going to really look at it tomorrow and see what it looks like and compare both Fbody and truck setups with the Meziere pump pics.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

right on thanx for the heads up man.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

very helpful/useful post. I didnt know where/why there was a problem with milled heads or an ls6 intake, now i know. Great pics. I cant wait to get mine.
People with LS6 intakes will have more clearance in that spot. The LS1 intakes are the ones that have the problem. Most people will probably have an LS6 intake anyways. When we did the R&D on the pump we had it on a car that had 5.3 heads milled .015 and the only issue was with the TB linkage since it was an '02 car. About 30 seconds with a hand file and that was solved.

Old 08-15-2003, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

They can move the location of the outlet. For $500.00 I would expect it to fit without any issues especially with a reputation like Meziere's.

If enough people inform them about the problem they will correct the problem if they want to sell more pumps.
Come on Richie,,,,,,,, You've been doing this long enough to know things never fit perfect on every car. That's just the way hotrodding is. I really don't think asking you to file a couple thousands off of the TB linkage on some cars is asking much. It's not like they are saying that you'll have to remove you A/C or P/S for the pump to work.

Meziere is aware of the problem on some cars and has moved that outlet down as much as possible to keep the pump operating at peak efficiency. At least they put it in the instructions to let you know up front. We had the original prototype here at first and they moved it a lot.

Anyway, I've been running a R&D unit on my wife's Vette for about 3 months now and I'm very pleased with it. Zero problems, no fitment issues, and much better cooling. Well worth the money in my opinion.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:01 AM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Yeah Paul, I've been modding LS1's long enough. I wouldn't have a problem grinding away a few thousands off the TB linkage but I would have a problem If I had to grind on the intake inlet or the ears of the TB itself. I'm just sick if seeing fellow LS1 enthusiasts paying premium
price for products that have to be reworked or modified to work right when they should fit correctly right out of the box. JMO

Later
Old 08-15-2003, 10:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Why the need to drill holes in the TStat when it's already a 160 plus the much more efficient Meziere pump??

Old 08-15-2003, 10:34 AM
Pathological Modifier

The holes will prevent the system from becoming air bound. Thus the air will not heat up and open the thermostat. Drilling the holes lets the air pass through allong with a little water.

Ryan K.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah Paul, I've been modding LS1's long enough. I wouldn't have a problem grinding away a few thousands off the TB linkage but I would have a problem If I had to grind on the intake inlet or the ears of the TB itself. I'm just sick if seeing fellow LS1 enthusiasts paying premium
price for products that have to be reworked or modified to work right when they should fit correctly right out of the box. JMO

Later
What,,,, you have an opinion? Can't be be huh?????

I hear ya on that. Nothing more then a file should ever be need for the Meziere pump to fit. Trust me a lot of R&D went into this pump and a lot of changes happened along the way.

Quick Reply: Meziere Street EWP installed and impressions. lots o pics