Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loudmouth Questions

I'm probably going to be buying this sytem soon and was wondering if it bolts in or does it require welding? Also, does it look relatively shiny being that it's stainless steel or is the finish dull?
Old 08-18-2003, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Loudmouth Questions

it bolts in fine. I installed mine in 20 mins (on a lift cutting the stocker off)

the piping isnt very shiny, but it is stainless steel. The tips look great.

Are you getting slash, or the dual tips?
Old 08-18-2003, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

I don't have access to a lift (unless I take it to a muffler shop or something) so I'll have to use jack stands. I plan to get the dual/dual tips. Do you mean you had to cut off the stock exhaust with a welder or did you just cut it off with a hacksaw? I wish I didn't have to cut off the stock exhaust since I plan on saving it.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

you dont have to cut off the stock , but you might have to have access to a lift if you would like to keep it intact.You are going to have to drop the rear suspension if you wish to keep the stock all together..(which really isnt a big deal but i didnt want to take the time since SLP LM is a 50 state legal factory exhaust anyway.)

The stock piping is actually pretty thick. I used a $100 electric saw and it came off easy. I dont think a hacksaw will cut it.

oh BTW : see if you can remember what you face looks like when you start it up! I think i drove 150 miles when i first got mine

post some pics after the install!
-jon
Old 08-18-2003, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the info Juice. I'll post pics when I do it. It might be a month or two before it happens though since my fiance and I are saving for a wedding and house. I just like to research every mod thoroughly ahead of time.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like juice said, its 50 state legal, so i had an exhaust shop weld it on just to escape the possibility of any rattling. Loudmouth also sounds awesome.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

heres a loudmouth clip
took me about 45 minutes from walking outsideto start working on it.... till walking back inside finished ands ready to clean up....

SLP Loudmouth no cats