Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LS1 owner, help with first mods

Old 08-19-2003, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS1 owner, help with first mods

I was thinking of going with one of the induction packages from Texas Speed. It comes with a lid, smooth bellows, and an SLP 85mm MAF for $340.00. I already ordered a QTP electric cutout. I've had the SS for a month and can't believe it's taken this long to start modding it! Next will be a converter and a shift kit and later a cam head swap with some long tubes. Is the MAF worth it or would the money be better spent elsewhere? Also been looking at MAFT and or Diablo or LS1 edit. Any advice on these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Rain
Old 08-20-2003, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: New LS1 owner, help with first mods

I bought the SLP induction package and it is definetly worth some power. But after the cost I do not think it was worth the price. I would not do the MAF yet because there has been some speculation that they lean your car out abit. I would say that SSRA, smooth bellows and a lid are a good buy if you can find them for a good price other wise you will end up wondering what your $340 actually gained you. The best thing that I have done so far is to put LT's on my car. Although a little loud with SLP LM exhaust, they make great power and LS1 engines seem more than willing to give more power after adding them.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree. i think the best thing to do is the induction and exhaust system. That should put a good hp and gain on your car... good luck!!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

your in the right direction.
I would keep the stock MAF. It will hold up fine even when de-screened.

BTW: i would have done those exact mods the way you have them listed if i had an A4.

welcome to the board

Search this Thread