Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about AN line connecting to fuel rail as mine just blew off the rail.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about AN line connecting to fuel rail as mine just blew off the rail.

Well my car ran fine for 4 days then as i pulled in my garage the (fuel) feed line going from the fuel pressure regulator to the fuel rail came off the rail. I would guess about 2 gallons of fuel dumped on my garage floor before it stoped spewing gas.

At closer inspection i noticed that the earl's AN compression fitting broke. The rubber sleeve on the inside of the fitting seams to have gave way. What could have caused this? I know im not the only one running this style of fitting so i dont think the gas ate away at it, or could it have? Should i go to a metal sleeved compression fitting instead of the rubber?

Edit: all the fittings and lines are brand new from earl's.

Last edited by ls6rx7; 07-17-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are different types of fittings that will work. I have used the style you have on a return line but not a pressure line. The gas wont eat it up. Probably the engine movement wore out the thin rubber piece. You need the style that uses a tube nut and sleeve. The sleeve will crimp down and won't come off anymore. You can also get an adapter fitting that is made for the fuel rail. I think this is the one you would need.
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 07-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link.
I just ordered that fitting and a -6AN female adapter so i dont have this problem again.

Hopefully the feed and return lines that i used similar (5/16) compression fittings on under the car hold up since there is no movement.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is one reason that I recommend not useing either the Quick Disconnect or the Compression fitting.. I brazed AN male connectors to the fuel rail and just screw in a normal AN Fitting at that point. It is a much more secure setup. (and yes, I have and do use the compression to AN fitting, but only when I have too).