Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uptate on the QTP Dilema!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Uptate on the QTP Dilema!!

For any one that thinks they're QTP cut-out **** out? Check the connector at the cut-out..I thought I was another victim of the QTP failures like everyone else. The connector fails at the cut-out from what I have seen on 4 F-Body's so far. Which really pisses me off for a company that supposedly sells a quality product..sorry to bash but I'm sick and tired of seein the same re-acurring problems day after day. I figured mine out after a few choice words but it doesnt make it right...I have 1500 miles on mine!! And after 2 calls to QTP and no return call...I figured it out myself..Thanks! Maybe I shoulda listened about the DHM"s????
Old 07-24-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Ive been hearing alot about QTP's shitty customer service. Thats why I went with a DMH cutout. Can't beat the 4 years warranty.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
Ive been hearing alot about QTP's shitty customer service. Thats why I went with a DMH cutout. Can't beat the 4 years warranty.
werd...i wonder why qtp only has like a 40 day on there's
Old 07-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joker
Why dont you call us during business hours from 9am-5pm est. Cant really help you when you come on the internet and slam us now can we with out talking to us. I do not understand what you are talking about a connector failing.
99% of a time when a unit goes bad it is because of not installing it correctly cause the valve to hit the ground and or the chassis. Most people that have problems fail to mention that. But i do not know what is wrong with yours because have not seen it. So please call and speak to Andy and he can help you out.

We do built a good product and have over 15 times more out than all our competition, maybe that is why you hear more about us good and bad. Please dont say another brand is better when we have been the only cutout manufacturer that has been a member and sponsor of LS1tech and many other message board from the beginning. I have yet to seen anyone else do that. Why is our brand in Summit when others were dropped from Summit? Why does GM use us? Why did the late Boyd Coddington use our products on all his hot rods. What about Stacey David on Gearz? We have to be doing something right

If anyone has a question or issue please call us. You be suprised with your answer. Also please dont go by the 5-6 haters on this message board that come on every QTP post and slam us and pimp other brands. Because that is not the truth. We know the facts. Almost 800 valves ship every month. Shipped 1200 this month alone.

Keep an eye out for a new products coming soon that we will be debuting at SEMA.

Keep it Loud!
Old 07-25-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not posting here to try to "pile it on" QTP, however I think it's fair to let all of the other objective consumers that post on this board know that I encountered the exact same problem the original poster ran into.

My cutout was installed by a professional (a VERY well regarded board sponsor at that) and it is quite obvious that the install had nothing to do with the failure I encountered.

In short, the pieces that connects the butterfly valve to the motor (the small metal ends that connect inside the sleeve) were not long enough to get a firm connection. After falling off several times, I simply took matters into my own hands and fixed the problem. At the end of the day, I'm pleased with the resolution to the mechanical problem (no thanks to QTP).

What I really have an issue with is when a company represents themselves as a company that stands behind their products and then you learn that (from a practical standpoint) such is not the case.

As for calling and being surprised, I called several times and yes, I was surprised. I was surpised to learn about your ridiculous return policy. Consequently, I was surprised to learn that it was going to cost $30+ to fix my $150 e-cutout after it failed after 8 months and minimal use. Given that I expected so much more from the #1 e-cutout manufacturer in the world, this all came as a SURPRISE to me.

I don't like surprises when it comes to buying parts for my car and I suspect there are others that share the same sentiments. Hopefully this will help ensure they're not surprised after they make their e-cutout purchase.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whoa a response from QTP about their cutouts, but they wont ever make a post when people are having problems with their headers. You guys speak of such good customer service, but thats funny when in multiple threads when people have talked about your service its always been bad. I dont get why there are all these QTP problem threads. You never see a kooks or ARH problem thread. Maybe you guys should look into you quality. BTW I know your POS headers are still leaking on my car "but thats the price I pay for performance" right? LOL
Old 07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NBM99SS
Whoa a response from QTP about their cutouts, but they wont ever make a post when people are having problems with their headers. You guys speak of such good customer service, but thats funny when in multiple threads when people have talked about your service its always been bad. I dont get why there are all these QTP problem threads. You never see a kooks or ARH problem thread. Maybe you guys should look into you quality. BTW I know your POS headers are still leaking on my car "but thats the price I pay for performance" right? LOL
I will not make a comment other than it took a tube of manifold repair epoxy to fix my leaks... Otherwise, I couldn't be happier with my LTs and QTEC.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by radz282003
I will not make a comment other than it took a tube of manifold repair epoxy to fix my leaks... Otherwise, I couldn't be happier with my LTs and QTEC.
Wouldn't you have been happier if you didn't have to mess with your top of the line headers?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by radz282003
Im in the process of having mine welded. I shouldnt have to fix a companys shitty design though. They should stand behind their product.